The vision of the Coalition for Activity and Nutrition to Defeat Obesity is to create a model community that supports healthy eating and active living.
The mission of CanDo is to engage community members and organizations in obesity prevention through support, advocacy and education.
- Reduce the prevalence of overweight and obesity among citizens
- Increase the percent of citizens who engage in regular physical activity
- Increase the percent of citizens who practice healthy eating habits
- Create environments and policies that support healthy eating, active living, and healthy weights.
- School Wellness: Create school environments that support healthy eating and physical activity
- Worksite Wellness: Create work environments that support healthy eating and physical activity
- Food Environment: Increase the availability,
affordability and consumption of healthy foods
- Built Environment: Ensure that city planning policies
create environments that support health and health equity